Welcome to SewerTreatment.net. We understand that dealing with septic system problems can be confusing and overwhelming. Every person you talk to seems to provide you with a different set of opinions, and all of them seem to have some valid points, and some cause for concern.
On one hand, replacing your septic tank or your drain field may solve your problems, but for many households the expense of 7-15 thousand dollars is far too great to bear. Or you can keep paying for expensive pump-outs every few months, in hopes of avoiding the cost of replacing the system. And finally, you can choose to restore the septic system with septic treatments.
Only one thing is for sure, you have to do something. Ignoring your septic system or cesspool problem is not going to make it go away; it will only compound the cost to restore your system.
Our goal here at SewerTreatment.net is to provide you with consumer information about all of the options available to you. We provide real life reviews of the leading septic products, which allows you to take a closer look at the septic treatments that best suit your needs. In our Consumer Research Section of the website you can read about everything from the cost of septic system replacement to DIY tips to restore your system on your own. If you are looking for straight forward information without a “sales spin”, then our articles section is for you.
Septic Treatment Tips to Consider
1. Be sure to examine the product you choose closely. Many septic treatments are designed to "prevent" septic problems. Most of our readers are looking for something to "reverse" problems. This small distinction can be the source of a large amount of frustration. Be sure to purchase the right treatment for your particular situation.
2. Be honest with yourself about the condition of your system. It is normal to hope for the best and try a milder treatment option or repair. You may be right and that is all that is needed, however being realistic about the condition is important. How often have you had it pumped? How long have you known about the issue? What steps until now have you taken? If you want to avoid the major cost of replacement, being realistic can save you some time, money and frustration.
3. Don't believe every word septic contractors say. Yes, most septic contractors are honest and helpful. There are, however, some conflict of interest in taking advice from man who directly benefits from your repairs. Do not rush into any repairs unless absolutely necessary. Do some research, of ALL of your options and then decide.
See Our Top Rated Septic Treatment
4. Relax. Septic systems are not complicated. With some diligent research, and an hour or so's worth of time, you can have a good understanding of how things work. Once you understand that, reversing problems and choosing the right treatment alternative for your septic problems will be much easier.
5. Use common sense. If after you do your research any advice you have been given seems out of sort, it probably is. You are your best help when it comes to buying decisions. Listen to your gut and your honest appraisal of your system and you will effectively find the best septic treatment for your septic problem.